News and Updates
For updates on fires and other emergencies, see these Facebook pages:
Siskiyou Alerts - Fire and Emergency (This page is also used to offer and request assistance non-emergency assistance. If you require emergency assistance, call 911).
Courtesy of the Fort Jones Volunteer Fire Department, August 2018
Emergency Notification and Fire Maps
If you would like to be notified by phone in the event of an evacuation, you must register for CodeRED. Residents who are not registered for CodeRED will not receive a phone call if Fort Jones is evacuated.
To monitor the status of your evacuation zone, view the Zone Haven Evacuation Map.
To monitor nearby fires, visit the Watch Duty website or install the Watch Duty app to receive notifications.
In The Event of an Evacuation
There are no evacuation alerts or orders in place within city limits, although residents north of Fort Jones have already been evacuated. In the event of an evacuation, here’s what to expect:
- Evacuation alert: If Fort Jones is placed under an evacuation alert, residents will have time to prepare for a possible evacuation. Those who have signed up to receive emergency alerts from CodeRED will be notified by phone.
- Evacuation order: If Fort Jones is placed under an evacuation order, residents will need to mobilize. CodeRED will issue emergency alerts to those who have registered, and first responders will make the announcement from emergency vehicle loud speakers and go door to door to ensure that no one is left behind.
- Where to go:
- In the event of an emergency evacuation, information about surrounding evacuation centers will be posted here.
- Where to take your animals:
- In the event of an emergency evacuation, information about pet and livestock shelters will be posted here.
Fort Jones Needs YOU
The Police Department simulates an emergency to educate Etna High School students about the dangers of driving under the influence at an Every Fifteen Minutes event
Each month, the Police Department and the Fire Department submit written reports on their activities to the City Council. To read the Police Department Reports, click here. To read the Fire Department Reports, see the list below. Both reports are available to the public in the City Council Agenda Packets.